ISC - WürzburgThe Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC
How to find us
Approaching on the A3 Frankfurt-Munich motorway, or A81 from Stuttgart:
- take exit Würzburg-West and follow direction Würzburg West/Kist/Höchberg to federal highway B27;
- through roundabouts: follow B27 to Würzburg
- continue to follow B27 when B27 is joint with B8 – direction Würzburg
- continue on B8/B27 direction Würzburg. When leaving Höchberg, stay on left lane direction Würzburg-Nord, Nürnberg, Schweinfurt, Fulda (now joint federal highways B8/B27/B19
- Follow B8/B27/B19 to third big traffic interchange and turn right just in front of the bridge over the river Main. Turn right again at next traffic light. Signposted entrance and visitor parking lot after approx. 150 m on your right.
Approaching on the A7 Kassel-Ulm motorway, or the A3 Munich-Frankfurt motorway:
- take exit Würzburg-Estenfeld to B19 direction Würzburg or exit Rottendorf to B8 direction Würzburg,
- on entering the city, follow signage Stadtring-Nord and B8/27 in direction of Fulda/Heidelberg until exit Congress-Centrum/Heidelberg/B8. Cross the river Main over the Brücke der Deutschen Einheit (Bridge of German Unity)
- turn left right after the bridge, then turn right at the next traffic light. Signposted entrance and visitor parking lot after approx. 150 m on your right.
Additional parking facilities are located on the Talavera festival and parking lot right next to the institute or in the institute´s underground car park (entrance from Georg-Eydel-Strasse 2).
- By taxi, it takes about 5 min from Würzburg Main Station to the Institute
- Exit the station building to the right and follow the park path (parallel to the main street Röntgen-Ring), then continue to the river Main and cross the bridge
- The Institute's main entrance is in the green glass building situated on the right side of the street
- From Würzburg Hauptbahnof (main station) take tram no. 2 in the direction of Zellerau. Descend at "Talavera" tram stop. You will see the Institute's buildings in driving direction across the street.
- Nearest international Airports are Frankfurt (FRA), Nuremberg (NUE) and Munich (MUC), with frequent connections by train to Würzburg
- ICE or IC train from Frankfurt/Main airport to Würzburg Hauptbahnhof, then as above.
Link to Google Maps